Saturday, May 22, 2010

Hallee!

Today I found out you are a girl. Your mom and I were more excited than you will ever know. We really thought you were a girl and were excited for a little girl. I know that you are going to have me wrapped around your finger. I can't wait for father/daughter date nights, the fun of buying you little dresses, the joy of watching you go to your first high school dance (alone but totally content with that because you don't want to date until you are 21). I definitely don't look forward to fighting boys off of you.

I know that you are going to be a VERY beautiful girl (I can tell because your mom is extremely beautiful)! I am still in shock. You mother and I really were praying for a girl (we were content with a boy but for some reason preferred you.... Now we know why). I look forward to all of the things that go along with raising a girl except the boys I have to deal with and battling you on what not to wear. I am already praying that you are a woman that values your body, that develops into a Proverbs 31 woman of character, and one that holds strong to what she believes.....and that you become daddy's little girl.

I love you more than you will ever know. Remember that when we fight over why you can't wear that, or why you shouldn't go out with that guy. I thank God every day that he is creating YOU!

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment