Saturday, February 6, 2010

My greatest birthday gift

Today I turned 29, and spent most of the day wishing you were here for me to hold. I just keep dreaming of everything that we will do together, praying for how you will turn out, and even sometimes find myself crying a little (which as we get to know each other you will find is a rare thing).

In all my life I have never been excited for anything like I am you. I cant wait to teach you about the God that I know and love and is forming you right now. I cant wait to teach you about the history of our Los Angeles Dodgers, teach you to root for the Jets, and to hate the Lakers. I cant wait to take you out surfing, and see the look on your face when you stand up on your first wave. Most of all I just cant wait to show you how much I love you.

All that keeps going through my head is this verse:

Psalm 139:13

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.

All I keep thinking is how God is personally making you to be who you are and I am so excited to get to know you.

I already love you so much, and cant wait to meet you. BTW, please stop making your mom so hungry.she is already waking up needing to eat (she still looks amazing and always will, but I want her to sleep).

With every ounce of love I have,

Your Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment